Friday, October 1, 2010

Plaid Nails

Hi all,

Today I have a little nailart for you. It's not something I came up with myself, but I saw this over at Nails by Asami and I decided to try it myself. Hers is prettier and looks way better than mine, but I still wanted to share my design with you since it reminds me of the plaid that my grandma had and used to tuck us in when we fell asleep on the couch. I know the colors clash and it's not as pretty as Asami's, but it's just a lovely memory of me.


My version of plaid nails. The plaid my grandmother had was made of a darker brown, but I like it anyway.

I took pics step by step, but for a full and good explanation of how to make plaid nails (as well as more than one color design), check out Nails by Asami.

wic by herome johannesburg taupe brown creme nail polish nailswatchesI started off with applying two coats of WIC By Herome Johannesburg. I let the polish dry completely before I went ahead with the next step.


wic by herome johannesburg antwerp brown sandy taupe shimmer creme nail polish nailswatchesI applied one coat of W.I.C. By Herome Antwerp, making it a fairly thick coat so it would be opaque. For other designs, I'd recommend making a thinner line, but the plaid in my mind had bigger stripes so I went with this. I let this completely dry before continuing.


wic by herome johannesburg antwerp brown sandy taupe shimmer creme nail polish nailswatches soho manhattan red creme liner striper nailartOn both sides of the stripe I made with Antwerp, I put a thin line with W.I.C. By Herome Soho Manhattan (a striper polish). The striper brush makes it easy to work with so making lines is easy, even for me (I have the opposite of a steady hand).


wic by herome johannesburg antwerp brown sandy taupe shimmer creme nail polish nailswatches soho manhattan red creme liner striper nailartTo finish it off, I added two more stripes with Soho Manhattan. I made these vertically so you would really get the plaid design. The lines don't have to be at the same place on every nail - I actually really like the variation in the placing of the lines.

So there you have your plaid nails! It's really easy and I think it makes a nice design on the nails so I will definately be trying this again with other colors.

A product in this post was sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

7 comments:

  1. Great colours and pattern for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat ziet er erg leuk uit! Moet ik ook eens proberen, alhoewel ik betwijfel of het wat wordt met mn trilhandjes ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really nice! I've been thinking my next mani was going to be pink for BCA month, but it may have to be a pink plaid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neenina ik heb ook trilhandjes dus dit is goed te doen hoor! Als het mij al lukt, dan moet het jou ook lukken :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so cute! Thank you very much for the link love too, this looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and read every single one of them.

Please be nice and do not spam me with links to your blog and/or website. If you would like me to check out your blog, you can send me an email with your link. Thanks!