Friday, October 8, 2010

China Glaze Emerald Sparkle Reswatched

Hi all,

As you may know, october isn't only breast cancer awareness month, but also depression awareness month. For more information, google "Depression" or you can check out this website. In The Netherlands, Antonie Kamerling committed suicide yesterday after struggling with depression. May he rest in peace.

I decided to pull out my favorite green of all time: China Glaze Emerald Sparkle. I originally posted about this one here, but I don't like how my pics turned out. I don't think I'm completely happy with these either, so you might get to see a take three on it as well!

china glaze emerald sparkle green glitter jelly base nail polish permanent collection nailswatchesChina Glaze Emerald Sparkle, three coats in daylight. I won't go into it too much since I already did a review on this baby, but these pics show the depth of it much better. It's not bumpy like my previous post made it appear, not as gritty. It's completely smooth!

china glaze emerald sparkle green glitter jelly base nail polish permanent collection nailswatchesI'm sorry about the lighting in my pictures, the sun decided to pop out on certain moments and the next moment it was dark and raining. Lovely, the weather in The Netherlands!

Application was still good. What more is there to say about this beauty?

Because it's depression awareness month, I added a little green ribbon on my ring finger nail and wore it like this.


china glaze emerald sparkle green glitter jelly base nail polish permanent collection nailswatches cherish green metallic chromeGreen ribbon made with China Glaze Cherish. I freehanded the ribbon and it turned out alright.. The finish of Cherish shows every bump in the polish haha so it looks a bit wonky.

What's your favorite green polish?

8 comments:

  1. I´m wearing this right now as well. So pretty! I´m having a hard time getting it on camera the way I want it too. I´m waiting for the sun, but it has to hurry, since I have to work in a few hours.
    And Antonie, I still can´t believe what happened. It´s just so sad that he didn´t see any other way out but to end his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely! Thanks for raising awareness for National Depression Awareness Month.

    As for my favorite shade of green...I just don't think I can pick! I love green too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Emerald Sparkle, it's an amazing green. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely color and you did a great job with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be very honest.. I thought the other pictures were more clear in showing the color! None the less great pics here also :)Gotta love green! En wat een raar idee he van Antonie Kamerling :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this polish will never go out of fashion! I love it! <3
    I'm a new follower... I visited your blog and I really like it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. God Bless him. Maybe he rest in peace.
    I recently heard that it was depression awareness week also c:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miranda yeah it's one of my favorite greens (and I have a lot of greens)!

    Iris haha yeah I agree, I'm half/half about this. I think the finish shows up better in these pictures but the color is more accurate in my first post.. That's why I think I might need a take 3 on this one lol.

    serena_nuvola aw, thankyou!

    Annkiins yeah it's depression awareness month this month, so not only extra attention for breast cancer awareness, but also for depression. Hopefully it will raise some awareness with people who don't know what it's like to struggle with depression

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and read every single one of them.

Please be nice and do not spam me with links to your blog and/or website. If you would like me to check out your blog, you can send me an email with your link. Thanks!