Thursday, October 21, 2010

Zoya Dovima

Hi all,

How are you doing today? I hope you are doing good. Today I have one of the Zoya Matte Velvets for you.

zoya dovima matte mat black nail polish shimmer nails matte velvet collection 2009 nailswatchesZoya Dovima, two coats in indirect sunlight. Domiva is a matte black, packed with shimmer. The matte isn't matte-matte, but has a semi-satin finish. The shimmer in the polish shows mostly silver, but in some lights it also shows you a variety of colors. I topped it off with some topcoat to see how she looked, and I wasn't disappointed.


zoya dovima matte mat topcoat shiny black nail polish shimmer nails matte velvet collection 2009 nailswatchesZoya Dovima with topcoat to make it shiny. I left this picture bigger, so you can see the shimmer better. I could see blue, red, green, yellow, purple and pink shimmer besides the silver shimmer that's visible most of the time. In the next picture you see a closeup of how the polish looks most of the time.


zoya dovima matte mat black nail shiny topcoat polish shimmer nails matte velvet collection 2009 nailswatchesApplication was pretty darn good! Mattes tend to be lumpy and when you go over the same spot twice, you might drag some of the polish off that was already there. I didn't have that issue with this pretty baby though! I wouldn't recommend going over the polish over and over, but it doesn't seem to have the same issues as regular mattes.

The dryingtime was good as well. I would have loved for this to be a pure matte, but to be honest, I don't even mind the subtle satin-ish effect at all. I think it looks pretty..

2 comments:

  1. "Mattes tend to be lumpy and when you go over the same spot twice, you might drag some of the polish off that was already there." = I couldn't agree more! that's why it really takes too much time applying a matte polish. one really needs to dry the 1st coat completely. glad to know that this zoya polish doesn't budge like that. thanks for sharing!

    http://abbiespurpleroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I prefer the look of shiny polishes though, so I would always be putting a shiny top coat on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and read every single one of them.

Please be nice and do not spam me with links to your blog and/or website. If you would like me to check out your blog, you can send me an email with your link. Thanks!