Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pink Ribbon Nails

Hi all,

As you might know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and in this month, there is more attention for this decease. I want to let you know that I don't think that all other illnesses are less important or whatever, so it sometimes makes me a little bit.. Uneasy? (that's the word I guess) that there's a whole month of full attention going towards breast cancer while there are so many deceases and illnesses out there. I do want to point out that I like the initiative of Pink Ribbon has put out to make everyone aware of breast cancer, so that's why I've decided to do Pink Ribbon nails.


pink ribbon nails bca breast cancer awareness month october nail polish nailswatches nailartI used H&M Love At First Sight as a base and I used Konad stamping polish in pink (I guess, there's no name on my bottle!) for the ribbon and my accentnail. It's a bit thick but it made the perfect pink for this manicure, at least that's what I think.


pink ribbon nails bca breast cancer awareness month october nail polish nailswatches nailartI freenhanded the ribbon with a nailart brush, so it's not flawless haha.

Have you done something for Breast Cancer Awareness month or are you planning on doing so?

10 comments:

  1. Dressing with something pink every friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great thing: being aware is the first step in a "fight"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik ben vandaag in het roze en zwart, telt dat ook? ^^ Leuk gedaan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I need to wear my CG shade again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you did this manicure.
    I hope that the word gets across.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ribbon looks great! I plan on wearing mostly pink and green polishes during October - pink for BCA and green for National Depression Awareness Month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice yeah let's hope that this initiative makes people more aware :)

    Let them have polish! which ChG shade do you have?

    Zara yeah I've got a simple green mani planned too for depression awareness month

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and read every single one of them.

Please be nice and do not spam me with links to your blog and/or website. If you would like me to check out your blog, you can send me an email with your link. Thanks!