Tuesday, August 24, 2010

OCC Swamp Thing

Hi all!

I can't believe I haven't posted this earlier. I've sorted my pictures and edited them before I went on vacay to Spain, so this has been sitting in my swatches folder for well over a month.. Whoops! This is another polish that the lovely Rachel sent me in our awesome swap. It's bit of a yukkie color but I really like it!!

obsessive compulsive cosmetics occ nail polish swatch nailswatches swamp thing muddy green cremeOCC Swamp Thing, two coats in sunlight. Swamp Thing is a swampy muddy medium green creme. It's an awesome color, I don't own anything near this color. It's the same kind of color as Orly's It's Not Rocket Science; it's pretty and ugly at the same time. This is one of those colors that you love or you hate :)

Application was just as with Blackboard; it practically applied itself. Awesome formula! I was a bit scared that I had some luck with Blackboard, but Swamp Thing has the same formula so that's great.

I thought I could do a little subtle Konad on it since I now own more than one of these muddy swampy olive green cremes, so I stamped with RBL No More War.

obsessive compulsive cosmetics occ nail polish swatch nailswatches swamp thing muddy green creme konad konadicure stamping imageplate m64 rescue beauty lounge rbl no more war nmwOCC Swamp Thing, stamped with RBL No More War and imageplate M64. It turned out alright! The stamping makes No More War almost look matte, which it is not, obviously. I do like the subtle effect on this one, so I'll try something similar again in the near future :)

What do you think of Swamp Thing? Do you like these kind of colors or do you hate them?

9 comments:

  1. I don't really like it on it's own. It's nice to wear it for just one day, but not for an entire week. I do like the konad combo though!

    http://meowitssnooze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to try this kind of color...I like the combi u used for stamping..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color & the nailart!!
    So pretty :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such an awesome colour! I need it too now :)
    Love the Konad you did on it, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the combo a little more then just color alone :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and read every single one of them.

Please be nice and do not spam me with links to your blog and/or website. If you would like me to check out your blog, you can send me an email with your link. Thanks!