Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Birthday Manicure

Hi all!

Yesterday was my birthday and I wanted to show you what I was wearing. I saw this beauty at the blogsale of the lovely Ange and I had to have it! So, of course, I bought it. It came in last week and it looks just so stunning in the bottle; a rich deep red packed with golden glitter particles - that's what it looks like in the bottle. The golden glitters disappear a bit when you apply the polish on the nails, but it stays pretty nontheless.

opi smitten with mittens holiday wishes collection winter fall 2009 red glitter foil rich nails polish nailswatchesOPI Smitten With Mittens, three coats with one coat of Nubar Diamont in indirect daylight. It's quite dark around here, so please excuse the lighting.. The color is a little deeper in real life. Smitten With Mittens is a gorgeous deep red that's packed with golden and orange-y red shimmer. I could call this tiny glitter, but I won't, since Smitten With Mittens looks almost like a foil in some lighting.

opi smitten with mittens holiday wishes collection winter fall 2009 red glitter foil rich nails polish nailswatchesSee what I mean? It's awesome. It looks so pretty and sophisticated at the same time - I have no idea why though. I just love it.

I applied three coats in this picture, but honestly, I could have done only two. I have on my other hand (*blushes*) and I see no difference whatsoever in opacity. Application was great! This polish practically applied itself. The only thing that was a bit of a downside was the dryingtime. The polish felt sticky way after I applied the polish, and even with a quickdry topcoat, it wouldn't dry quick on me. It's not extremely hot or humid around here, so that can't be the issue.. It dried after a while and thank god I didn't have any dents or wrinkles or whatever.

Smitten With Mittens is part of the OPI Holiday Wishes collection for winter/holiday 2009, which also contains Merry Midnight. I don't know if Smitten With Mittens is easily available right now, so you might have to do a little searching before getting your hands on this one.

That's all for now, dear reader! I will be back later today with the announcement of the giveaway winner :)

6 comments:

  1. OMG absolutely adore smitten with mittens! happy birthday again and i hope it was a lovely day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty red! not too over the top red.. sophiscated like u said :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It looks like a nice alternative to the standard red glitter polishes like Ruby Pumps from China Glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had a GREAT birthday! ;) and i love that red ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous <3
    Happy belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and read every single one of them.

Please be nice and do not spam me with links to your blog and/or website. If you would like me to check out your blog, you can send me an email with your link. Thanks!